Women face various challenges, particularly with the onset of menstruation every month. Menstruation can cause several symptoms such as stomach cramps, pain, nausea, mood swings, bloating, and headaches. Therefore, it is essential to know if there are fruits that can provide relief from these symptoms during periods.
Nature has provided us with the best fruits to eat during periods that are healthy and nutritious. It is crucial to remain hydrated during menstruation to combat cramps, pain, and fatigue.
Below is a list of the ten most effective fruits for periods that can help ease menstrual cramps and pain:
- Watermelon: As periods cause women to lose blood and water from their bodies, it is essential to stay hydrated. Eating watermelon can help resolve bloating issues and keep you hydrated while managing blood flow.
- Oranges: Rich in Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin D, oranges provide extreme relief from menstrual cramps and help lift your mood during periods.
- Grapes: A full package of nutrients containing potassium, copper, Vitamin A, C, and pantothenic acid. Gorging on a cup of grapes during periods can help deal with menstrual cramps and irregular periods.
- Bananas: A rich source of potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin B6, bananas can help with digestion problems during periods, and eating one a day can keep period cramps at bay.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries can relieve menstrual cramps in females as they are rich in water and essential nutrients that prevent bloating.
- Figs: As periods cause blood loss and the body to become deprived of iron, figs provide a rich source of iron and are a good laxative that helps regulate period flow while preventing excessive bleeding during periods.
- Plums: Similar to figs, plums are also rich in iron and can help recover from fatigue and weakness associated with periods while preventing excessive bleeding.
- Pears: Eating fresh pears can help relieve menstrual cramps as they are full of natural fiber. Additionally, eating pears during periods helps fight mood swings and depression.
- Green Apples: High in iron and magnesium, green apples can help fight period cramps and fatigue when incorporated into your diet during menstrual cycles.
- Pineapple: Rich in an enzyme called bromelain, pineapple can help shed the uterus lining, soothe period cramps, and enhance the production of white and red blood cells.